Vitamin C Serums:
There are many benefits of Vitamin C in skincare, and research has proved that Vitamin C in L-Ascorbic in 10% -20% forms can reduce the signs of aging and wrinkle
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant and can help reduce skin damage caused by free radicals
- Vitamin C is essential for the synthesis of collagen
- It moisturizes and softens the skin
- It encourages growth of collagen
- It exfoliates and cleanses
- It helps remove wrinkles / fine lines
- Great for those suffering from acne and pimples
Ingredients: L-ascorbic acid, Hyaluronic Acid, deionized water, potassium sorbate, and citric acid.
This is Pure Fresh Non-oxidized L-Ascorbic Acid -Vitamin C.
It is highly recommended that everyone apply Vitamin C onto the face daily since this protects against UV induced cell damage. It is this sun damage that not only causes premature aging but also skin cancers. However Vitamin C has other properties including being one of the few ingredients that has a science base to show that it reverses signs of aging to the skin.
Vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid), at a 10% concentration and low ph has been shown to stimulate collagen, decrease wrinkle depth and have lightening effects on pigmentation.
Facts about vitamin C serums
1. Consumer beware - not all products contain sufficient vitamin C to be of benefit Most products on the market do not have sufficient concentration to be of benefit to the skin. Many companies, keen to cash in on the market trends for antioxidants in skin care, put only miniscule amounts in and consumers unknowingly will buy a product that will be of no benefit. Unfortunately you cannot judge from the prestige or price of the product you buy, you need to look at the concentrations.
2. Vitamin C does not work in everyone for reasons that are not yet known; Ascorbic Acid at a good concentration does not work in everyone. It may only be 70% of the population who get the age reversing benefits of vitamin C. Vitamin C, however is a potent antioxidant and you still should get the benefits of protection from UV induced cell damage even if it does not keep you looking younger.
3. Vitamin C in the form of Ascorbic Acid is very expensive Vitamin C and is very unstable and difficult to get into a formulation this in part explains why ascorbic acid skin products tend to be very expensive.